The Launch Leadership Foundation exists solely to serve the needs of the NASC Volunteer Staff. The Foundation’s primary responsibility is to collect and manage financial funds beyond the day-to-day operations of the Staff. Examples of support include:
1. Endowing a paid Executive Director position and providing stipends for other directors.
2. Setting up and managing the scholarship funds for constituents to participate in services provided by the Volunteer Staff, including the current Jerad Manzer Scholarship and need-based Workshop scholarships.
3. Manage the Charlotte Sylvia Memorial Fund that supports staff development and recognition activities of the Staff.
4. Provide economic assistance for new educational programs the Staff wants to offer.
5. Provide economic assistance for educational programs NASC wants to offer outside of those contracted through Staff.
6. Provide economic assistance for capital expenditures of the Staff.
The Foundation Board sets financial goals to meet the needs of the Staff’s strategic goals. While the Foundation Board may negotiate the strategic goals based on financial goals, they do not formally set strategic goals for Staff. Projects are evaluated and funds distributed through a regular grant process.
The Foundation allows the VSAC to focus on future vision, Directors and Staff to focus on the day-to-day operations of the organization and the core mission of providing leadership opportunities to the students of Nebraska.